Wednesday 18 August 2010

Is The Cape The New Coat????


 I'll start off by saying I'm not the biggest fan of coats... ok, that's an understatement... I hate them. They're heavy, bulky, take a million years to get off and the sleeves are always too thin to get my shirt sleeves through!!!! 


In steps the Cape. To me it is everything the Coat wishes it was, but better. It can quite literally transform an outfit, not just act as a buffer between you and the cold that you can't wait to get off so that people can ooh and ah over whats underneath.


The right Cape can make that simple dress elegant when done up, or add that layer of nonchalance to your outfit when you throw it on haphazardly and just let it hang, making it seem like you just woke up looking that good!! 



I will definitely be investing in a cape as opposed to a coat this season! My personal favourites are from Yves Saint Laurent A/W 2010 ( above)   and Celine Pre- Fall 2010 Collection ( First picture and below)








Consider the Cape!!!
Chi x

No comments:

Post a Comment