Wednesday 25 August 2010

Bright Lights, Blurs and Whirls!










I admit, I was scared to post this... purely because not everyone adores the Olsen twins. But you know what.. I DON'T CARE... do you know why? Because it's not about the 'Ashley Olsen' or the 'Olsen Empire' but a girl who's style is so niche and totally her own... that any imitators fail miserably in comparison. Both girls,are boundary breakers unable to ignore fashion- I personally love that, their 'against- the- grain attitude' has definitely got us watching.  

This editorial comes courtesy of FASHION Canada's September 2010 Issue. And I am beyond captivated. The sepia lighting is what does it for me, taking the pieces to a different level of elegant. I'm getting such a vintage vibe. - you can almost sense the movement by the blur and off focus stills. Tell me I'm not alone when I say the lace body-con with the caramel leather peplum needs to jump into my wardrobe with immediate effect!

In all seriousness, Ashley Olsen is showing me maturity, grace and poise in all of 5 pictures! The layering of the gold cuffs on top of black gloves has all the ingredients of cliche styling but manages to look organic and almost grungy against that beautiful fur. The oversized gilet, paired with a zesty yellow matronly bag, the knitted bra in the black and white still...

its all... genius,... believable,... Olsen!

Emiola Tamara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment