Thursday 19 August 2010

"The Great Debaters" by Jon Malinowski



To be honest, menswear is really not my forte... but I really had to sit back and stare at this photoshoot in admiration. I was originally going to write a post about the "Water and Oil" editorial featured in Vogue Italia ( I still might!)... but this was too hot to keep to myself!


This shoot, styled by Cathy Eastman, succeeded in bringing out the simple beauty of menswear. The type of menswear seen in  the times before the 'low slung trousers, man bags and fussy embellishment'.  


Most models were relatively unknown but I recognised a few models who are on the books of 'RED NYC'. What I loved about the shoot most was the styling, somewhat romantic but still sooo current. Set in Tribeca, the images took me to a time of nonchalance and summer nights, jazz bands and unpressured youth. Notice how relaxed slacks are paired with diamante bow ties and baker boys caps. Never underestimate the power of a top- buttoned shirt- women included!


Do you like it? What do you feel about the pictures in colour? Do they distract from the original concept?


Eniola Tamara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment